An Overseas Banking Group are seeking a Compliance and Financial Crime Generalist to join their small team based in London. You will report directly to the Head of Compliance and MLRO.
Day to day you will be undertaking the following responsibilities:
- Assisting in promoting and maintaining a compliance culture within the bank in line with regulatory standards and industry best practice
- Assisting with investigation into Suspicious Activity Reports submitted by staff, and prepare disclosure reports to NCA, as and when required
- Managing payment screening queues and weekly scan of customer database ensuring the Bank is fully compliant with OFAC, UN, EU and UK sanctions
- Assisting in keeping senior management up to date on developments in relevant laws, regulations and guidelines that impact on the Bank's AML risk and control framework
It is essential that you have:
- Strong academic background
- A Compliance qualification from a recognised institution such as the ICA would be an advantage.
- At least 1 year experience working in an AML/KYC role, either in a customer onboarding or compliance monitoring team.
- Good understanding of Money Laundering Regulations, Bribery Act and Financial Crimes Act and other relevant legislation and guidance issued by the FCA, JMLSG and FATF