The Compliance Monitoring team is part of the Compliance and Risk function. Forming part of the Second Line of Defence the team independently monitors and assessess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Group's systems and controls, ensuring that the Group is operating in Compliance with applicable regulation, policies and procedures and ensuring that clients are treated fairly. This is conducted through a range of compliance thematic reviews, regular monitoring and surveillance as part of the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
The purpose of this role is:
Reporting to the Head of Compliance Monitoring, the role provides support in the delivery of the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
Operating as a key component of the second line of defence, you will be contributing to providing continual assurance that the Group's risk management, culture and practices continue to meet regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Actively managing relationships in the business and the third line (Internal Audit) to promote the continuous improvement of the Group's systems and controls.
The main duties of the role:
- Scope and conduct assigned thematic reviews as established by the Compliance Monitoring Plan to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and to test adherence to internal policies and procedures
- Conduct field work and provide briefings to key stakeholders
- Produce Draft structured written reports outlining findings and remedial actions for key stakeholders to address
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure that compliance monitoring findings are discussed and that realistic timeframes for the completion of any remedial actions are agreed
- Ensure that reviews and reports are delivered in a timely manner and are of the expected quality
- Record and track completion of agreed action items arising from thematic reviews
- Escalate any significant issues, weaknesses or outstanding action items to the Head of Compliance Monitoring
- Prepare compliance reports and Management Information (MI) for distribution to relevant forums
- Review colleague's thematic review reports for quality assurance purposes prior to review by Head of Compliance Monitoring
- Assist other members of the Compliance Team and undertake ad-hoc compliance related projects/reviews as required
- Assist in ensuring that departmental procedures are kept up to date
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Persuading, negotiating and influencing; especially when delivery a challenging message, excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels of the organisation and externally, and continuous relationship building
- Communication; strong communication skills both orally and high quality written reports and MI that are "Board ready"
- Regulatory awareness; good understanding of the current and future regulatory landscape
- Commercial awareness; sound judgement and evidence of pragmatic and innovative problem solving, appreciation of the Group's operating model
- Autonomous, self-motivated and delivery focused; proven ability to prioritise, manage and deliver multiple tasks
- Planning and organising; highly organised and able to manage own workload and simultaneous tasks to meet stretching targets and strict deadlines
- Analytical; in-depth analysis delivered in a disciplined and structured manner
- Collaborator and team player; both with the first and third lines
Knowledge required to undertake the role:
- Experience of scoping and conducting thematic reviews essential
- Familiarity with FCA Handbook and regulatory frameworks
- Knowledge of JFSC and GFSC rulebooks advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills