You will need:
- A broad understanding of the alternative asset management industry;
- An appreciation of the architecture of a control environment in a regulated industry;
- Strong foundation and understanding of the current /future regulatory/legislative environment within the Financial Services Industry;
- An understanding of the corporate legal function within a public company;
- Experience of information flow and management information; and
- A good understanding of risk management and internal control.
Specific tasks may include:
- Assisting with compliance monitoring reviews and internal audit reviews;
- Compiling and updating inside information lists;
- Assisting in the review of various legal/regulatory developments;
- Assisting with the production of appropriate management information/ reporting;
- Company Secretary tasks;
- Reading and analysing commercial contracts;
- Board Risk Committee reporting project;
- Analysing information to assess whether the key risks are being appropriately managed;
- Records management; and
- Ad hoc projects.
Specialist skills or qualifications required
- Strong degree (2.1 minimum)
- Numerate with some exposure to Regulation, Law or Accounting would be an advantage (although not essential). As would experience of MS Office (particularly Word and Excel).