A large asset/wealth Manager is looking for someone to join their compliance monitoring team, this role will cover a wide range of regulatory compliance reviews covering a range of different businesses across the group. The firm has continued to grow impressively over the last 12 months and continue to invest in improving their people.
The purpose of this role is:
Reporting to the Head of Compliance Monitoring, the role provides support in the delivery of the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Operating as a key component of the second line of defence, you will be contributing to providing continual assurance that the Group's risk management, culture and practices continue to meet regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Actively managing relationships in the business and the third line (Internal Audit) to promote the continuous improvement of the Group's systems and controls.
- Scope and conduct assigned thematic reviews as established by the Compliance Monitoring Plan to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and to test adherence to internal policies and procedures
- Conduct field work and provide briefings to key stakeholders
- Hold a close out meeting
- Produce Draft structured written reports outlining findings and remedial actions for key stakeholders to address
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure that compliance monitoring findings are discussed and that realistic timeframes for the completion of any remedial actions are agreed
- Ensure that reviews and reports are delivered in a timely manner and are of the expected quality
- Record and track completion of agreed action items arising from thematic reviews
- Escalate any significant issues, weaknesses or outstanding action items to the Head of Compliance Monitoring
- Prepare compliance reports and Management Information (MI) for distribution to relevant forums
- Review colleague's thematic review reports for quality assurance purposes prior to review by Head of Compliance Monitoring
- Assist other members of the Compliance Team and undertake ad-hoc compliance related projects/reviews as required
- Assist in ensuring that departmental procedures are kept up to date
- Experience of scoping and conducting thematic reviews essential
- Familiarity with FCA Handbook and regulatory frameworks
- Knowledge of JFSC and GFSC rulebooks advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills