Compliance Officer - Housing Association
£42k per annum
An ambitious and forward thinking Housing Association is looking to grow by recruiting a Compliance Officer to join their team in London. The Compliance Officer will be responsible for providing a professional mechanical and electrical service, managing all contractual and compliance matters relating to the development and management of contracts, typically involving (Gas, Asbestos, Lifts, fire systems, door entry/CCTV, legionella, aerials, MVHR, water pumps, automated gates, roof system etc.)
To apply for this role you must have:
- City & Guilds qualifications in relevant disciplines or equivalent
- Evidence of continued professional development (CPD)
- Recognised qualification or professional qualification in building services engineering or other appropriate engineering subject, ie IOSH, NEBOSH, CIOB, RICS.
- Working towards the appropriate grade of membership in a recognised engineering institution i.e. CIBSE, IEE etc.
- A sound regulatory and/or technical knowledge of Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
- Experienced in delivering key landlord compliance in at least two or more of the following
- A sound understanding of the social housing environment, including regulation and emerging government policy
- Experience of producing and managing multiple budget lines.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and scrutinise M&E drawings, specification and O&M manuals
- Good knowledge of contract management
- Ability to work on site unsupervised, using professional skills and judgement to manage works/projects
- Ability to write technical reports and specifications.
- Organisational skills in managing a diverse number of projects concurrently
- Interpersonal skills in dealing with tenants, consultants and contractors
- Knowledge of current regulations related to various M&E services/systems
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation,
- Excellent verbal communication skills including assertiveness, listening, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Computer literacy in word, processing, spreadsheets and data base operation, including the ability to use a wide range of software packages.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet all deadlines and key performance indicators set for the area of service.
- Clean drivers licence
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV via the advert or directly to email@example.com