- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Good working knowledge of UK and European regulatory rules and principles and how these apply to a Control Room
- Good understanding of the firm's business practices, organizational structure, policies and procedures
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel and Power Point)
and familiarity with the internet and related applications as tools for conducting compliance related research
- Strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail
- Good time management and the ability to perform work to a high standard of accuracy under time pressure. Capable of simultaneously handling multiple tasks and meeting stringent deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills in order to provide a high level of service and maintain working relationships with assigned client groups and team members
- Able to recognize and handle sensitive and confidential information