Our client is a top leading business with a small tax team approved Lloyd's of London cover-holder which underwrites transactional risk insurance globally on behalf of certain Lloyd's syndicates.
We are working exclusivley with them and are currently recruiting for a Tax Underwriter to join their growing team
- Your activities will be focused on assisting the Head of Tax in underwriting tax risks identified in corporate transactions across all sizes and sectors of business, and all jurisdictions (excluding the US)
- Carrying out detailed tax risk assessment and analysis
- Liaising with brokers and reviewing requests for insurance and deciding whether to offer terms
- Assessing risk as part of underwriting
- Assisting with analysis risk as part of W&I insurance in an mergers and acquisitions context
NO FS or Insurance experience needed
- Excellent business and commercial acumen with strategic thinking capability
- Broad experience (i.e. all taxes)
- Ability to discern between risk levels (i.e. the crux of the job is deciding whether a risk is low enough that they can cover it)
- Knowledge of mergers and acquisitions preferable
- Legal experience is helpful, but not required
- Strong written and oral communication skills; extremely proficient drafter of legal and commercial documents.