Our client is a leading media business with operations globally.
They are looking for a Tax trainee (graduate) to join their central London team.
The Tax Apprentice will provide support in connection with a mixed and growing portfolio of UK and international subsidiary businesses while studying for the relevant qualifications and learning the role and responsibilities from the Tax Manager, developing their skills and progressing over the duration of the apprenticeship.
The Tax Apprentice will aid with the tax processes, data collection and information gathering and preparing corporation tax, VAT and employment tax returns. Duties day-to-day will extend to:
- Maintaining accurate and complete records
- Providing administrative support to senior colleagues
- Ensuring compliance with internal processes, guidelines and best practice
- Working within defined processes with instruction and direction when required
- Assisting with various reconciliations
- Maintaining a good understanding of local and UK tax legislation changes
Other ad-hoc tasks or projects as required
The successful candidate will be a motivated, enthusiastic Graduate looking to kick-start their career in Tax while studying ATT and ideally, have the desire to build on this with a CTA qualification. Additionally, applicants should demonstrate:
- Strong attention to detail
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver against deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness
- General competency Microsoft Office applications and IT skills