A global Oil & Gas business in West London are seeking an experienced operational accounting to join their UK Head Office as a Cost Recovery Team Lead.
Reporting to the Manager of Project Accounting, your primary responsibility will be the provision of Financial Support for the General & Administrative (G&A) expenditure of the UK office teams and recovery of these costs, ensuring the delivery of processes in a financially controlled environment.
The role is being responsible for the UK G&A and cost recovery process set up and control - managing the accurate allocation of costs to the correct projects and joint venture partners through maintaining a time writing system of almost 750 UK based personnel across multiple office locations.
You will also be providing Financial Support to UK Cost Centre Managers by providing them with the information they need to manage and control their G&A first spend costs effectively, ensuring and managing the monthly, weekly and other reporting requirement via Spotfire tool.
You will also be monitoring, analysing, controlling and reporting the UK G&A expenditure, ensuring G&A is governed within a financially controlled environment, adhering to SOAP 4 and company policy and procedures and generally accepted best practices, enabling these costs to be recovered accurately via the time writing process. Furthermore, you be responsible for the creation of the total UK budget for G&A along with applicable time write rates during the budget cycle along with providing periodic total UK outlooks for G&A along with applicable time write rates throughout the year. As part of the time writing process, you will be liaising with Human Resources to ensure accurate portrayal of Headcount in budget and periodic outlooks.
You will be the focal point for external G&A auditors and management of the annual G&A external audit process and lead process improvement initiatives for G&A reporting, time writing administration, time writing training, budgeting/forecasting as required, and be responsible for supervising a cross locational team of G&A Analysts - currently a team size of 4.
Other responsibilities include the review of monthly cash flow forecast to support group funding decisions, reviewing the month end account reconciliations for relevant accounts to ensure accuracy and proactively bring any irregularities to resolution. Being proactive in enhancing the G&A reporting to ensure it is fit for purpose and utilises technology effectively.
Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) with a track record of performing a critical review of financial information ideally within an oil and gas operator background.
We are particularly interested in you if you have the following skills and knowledge:
- Good understanding of SAP functions (Joint Venture module in particular) and Oil industry experience. Ideally the individual will also have experience with SAP Project Systems (PS) Module. Experience of BI (Business Intelligence) would also be an advantage.
- Experience of preparing and auditing legal entity financial statements under IFRS.
- Excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and written)
- Experience summarizing and presenting key messages to senior management necessary.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience and confidence with dealing with all levels of staff.
- Good understanding and experience of SAP
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Applications - Excel, PowerPoint