I am currently partnering with a well-known retail business based in Central London who are seeking a Credit Control Assistant to join their receivables function on a permanent basis. Working in small but very active team, you'll be reporting directly into the credit manager and be responsible for a range of duties to make sure the businesses cash continues to flow.
- Contacting Trustees who are overdue by telephone/email
- Processing of cash received via bank or credit cards
Updating payment plans on a daily basis.
- Checking Bank account for all payments received.
- Setting up Payment Plans and ensuring payments are taken on agreed dates.
- Chasing overdue accounts by telephone and email
- Entering and allocating cash
- Update cash forecast
- Processing credit card payments
- Recharges relating to uniform allowance and purchases administration
- Reconciling customer accounts over the telephone and in writing
- Resolving account queries
- Resolving debit notes issues on Independent Trustees
- Sales ledger housekeeping
- Sending out statements
To be considered for this role you will ideally have some credit controller or receivables assistant experience, however as training will be provided, this isn't essential. You might have gained accounts experience in other areas of transactional accounts, have come from a strong customer service background, or gained some practical experience during your accounting based degree.
Most importantly, your going to need a winning attitude and an inquisitive nature that will help you building enduring relationships and solve the various payment queries the department deal with on a day to day basis.
If this role sounds like it could be a good fit for you, please apply via this advert or to be fast-tracked send your CV with a brief covering note to email@example.com.