We are currently working in partnership with a multinational energy business based in Central London, who are seeking an experienced, results driven Credit Control Specialist to join them during an exciting period of change. Working entirely remotely, and reporting into the Credit Manager, this role will take responsibility for one the businesses key revenue streams and work closely with other areas of the wider business to ensure success.
- Take ownership to ensure timely collection of outstanding debt
- Instigate appropriate recovery action when customers do not comply with their agreed credit terms
- Compile documentation for all legal such as letter before action, Winding up petitions, DCA, PDV and Isolation action where required.
- To resolve customer and third-party queries in a timely manner and accurate records of all credit activity
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness and chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales. This can include handling disputed bills and negotiations to bring payment within agreed term
- Prepare customer accounts reconciliations for customers, third parties or internal enquiries
- Provide individual reporting on portfolio level and collaboration progress with third-party
- Identifying customer accounts in need of escalation action, including authorisation of site or customer visits, legal, trace, pre- disconnection visits, and isolation Compile documentation for all legal such as letter before action (LBA’S) Winding up petitions, DCA, PDV and Isolation action where required
- Drive collection process by chasing overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment and agreeing payment plans/settlements
- Participate in third Party Supplier meetings/conference calls
Qualifications & Experience
- SAP knowledge
- B2B/B2C credit control experience in the Utilities/Energy/Telecommunication industry
- Experience dealing with Debt Collection Agencies and Solicitors, preferably within the gas, electricity or utilities industry
- Be highly numerate and possess strong PC application skills e.g. Excel including (pivots, vlookups), Word, Ms Outlook
- Good knowledge of credit and debt procedures, accounts receivable and automated reminder processes
- Knowledge of the insolvency procedures in the UK.
Rates shown for umbrella or limited company contractors, PAYE equivalent roughly £15 per hour.
If this role sounds like it could be a good fit for you, please apply via this advert or, to be fast tracked, send your CV and covering note directly to me at email@example.com.