TITLE – CREDIT CONTROLLER
SALARY – £28-32K
LOCATION – UK REMOTE
4 MONTH CONTRACT
We are looking for a credit controller to join an independent commodity pricing and information organisation with over 500 staff. They are fuelled by values that brings us all together and are united by a collective passion to make a difference. The Credit Controller will take ownership of a receivables ledger for an assigned business sector and engage with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure payments for invoiced sales are received according to the agreed terms. The credit controller is also responsible for coordinating the necessary internal processes and actions to prevent an increase in aged debtors.
- · Maintain regular contact with delinquent customers to discuss and secure payment of invoiced sales, in accordance with the applicable collections process and policy.
- · Ensure accurate and up to date status reporting is maintained for scheduled ledger reviews with OTC management.
- · Deliver against defined targets, KPIs and SLAs
- · Record and clearly communicate all disputes and invoice queries/customer enquiries to internal stakeholders and progress to required conclusion.
- · Ensure appropriate escalation of issues and risks to other team members or Team Lead
- · Investigate, reconcile and action unallocated cash receipts and other credit transactions to minimise open balances and maintain reporting accuracy.
- · Coordinate and attend regular meetings with internal business stakeholders to escalate collection issues and agree actions for resolution.
- · Prepare any ad hoc analysis or reports as required
- · Support the Credit Control Team Lead in ad hoc project work when required
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly.
- · Strong knowledge of standard credit control and collections activities
- · Ability to prioritise workload to achieve deadlines and deliverables
- · Ability to adapt and flex own communication style to preserve relationships with internal and external customers
- · Strong attention to detail and quality of deliverables
- · Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- · Ability to communicate to finance and non-finance stakeholders
- · Knowledge and understanding of how finance teams operate within a PLC in a global, multi-currency environment
- · Knowledge of emerging trends, good practice and supporting technology for OTC processes.
- · Understanding of the OTC risk and control environment in a PE environment
- · Experience of working in a similar role
- · Experience in a B2B industry and working in a large organisation is preferred
- · Taking ownership of accounting and process issues leading to resolution
- · ERP systems experience, NetSuite desirable
- · Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office products
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.