I am currently working with a global professional services firm based in London's West End, who are seeking a dynamic and driven credit controller to join their growing EMEA receivables team. This role will require a mix of internal and external stakeholder management, liaising both with the businesses blue-chip client based as well as with partners and associates within the organisation.
As part of the EMEA credit control team, prime responsibilities will be to ensure that potential credit issues are quickly flagged, expert collections guidance and support is offered to the client facing teams on a timely basis and regional ageing debt and provisions are reviewed and managed on a regular basis.
- Assist the EMEA Credit Control Manager on a day to day basis.
- Assist Client Partners with collection of outstanding invoices including reviews/meetings, reporting, and chasing of debt.
- Understanding the drivers of Day Sales Outstanding (DSO), and be able to provide detailed analysis of the increases and decreases as required.
- Specific management of EMEA wide Client accounts / countries which need assistance.
- Prepare the quarterly review of country commentary of all invoices over 60 days as part of SOX control, and assigning appropriate bad debt provisions at invoice level.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly reconciliations of Bad Debt Allowance and Unassigned Cash.
- Post cash accurately and in a timely manner for the region including intercompany payments.
- Liaising closely with Billing & Accounts Payable to actively resolve queries and escalate issues as and when appropriate.
- Actively resolving all credit balances/unassigned cash within the region and documenting in line with legal requirements (seeking assistance from Manager as required).
- Assisting in the Month End close process from an AR perspective.
- Assist in the assessment of "collectability" for new customers, attributing a credit risk profile and inputting into the basis for revenue recognition.
- Assisting in the on-boarding of all new Executive Assistants to the business in line with Best Practice and company process for collections.
- Assisting in training sessions for new Local Accountants for all AR process and SAP posting, quarterly and monthly requirements.
- Where circumstances dictate, working with our legal team on collection matters.
- Identifying (escalating where necessary) all bad debt write offs for Manager.
- Other ad hoc tasks, as needed.
It is anticipated that the profile, skills and experience of the successful candidate will include:
- Professional and confident manner
- Good communicator and comfortable talking to many different people at all levels in the organisation and clients
- Excellent attention to detail
- Committed, bright, numerate and enthusiastic
- Team player who thrives in a multi-tasking, deadline driven environment
- Working knowledge of SAP (would be advantageous, but not essential) or other large enterprise wide accounting systems
- Fluent in English and a second language would be beneficial
- At least two years relevant work experience
Whether you are a graduate with six months of customer focused work experience, or an experienced credit controller, this role will suit anyone who is motivated by building strong relationships and influencing people, and who finds reward and satisfaction by following complex processes through to completion.
As such if you haven't got much experience but think you have what it takes to prove the above in a multi-stage interview process, please fell free to apply!
Equally, if you want to be fast tracked for this role, please send your CV directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering note of why you want this role.