I am currently working with a very well regarded top tier professional services firm based in London's West End, who are seeking an industry experienced credit controller to join their collections team. Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, this role will take responsibility for 30-40 of the firms partners and will require a truly commercial and collaborative approach.
- Cash collection (principally telephone based)
- Resolution of client queries
- Statements and reminder letters
- Ensuring timely billing by monitoring Partners' WIP balances
- Roll out of paperless billing and statements
- Rolling out of new dunning process
- Liaising with lawyers on legal action
The successful candidate will most likely have experience of credit control in a professional services organisation. Skills will include:
- A professional demeanour
- Able to adapt approach depending on the nature of the client. There will be exposure to senior individuals in corporate clients (Chief Executives, FDs) and high net worth private clients but also purchase ledger departments in large corporates
- Internally, the role will involve regular contact with Partners, helping them to monitor their WIP balances and ensure invoices are sent in a timely and accurate fashion
- Organised and proactive
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively with partners in the firm
- Effective time management through prioritisation of activity
- Experience of leveraging IT systems to achieve efficiencies
This role will require someone with excellent soft skills and a solid understanding of working in partner focused environment, so would suggest that candidates from a legal, consultancy or private practice background would be an excellent fit.
Please apply via this advert or directly to me at email@example.com.