I am currently partnering with a successful, high growth retail business based in South West London (accessible by the Northern Line) who are looking for a Credit Controller to join their busy finance team. Reporting directly into the Credit Manager, this role will take responsibility for a mixed portfolio of client accounts on an international ledger.
- Manage an individual Portfolio of circa 750 accounts including grouped accounts
- Working to monthly and annual targets for Cash Collection, Debt Reduction and Unapplied Cash
- Processing new account applications for designated Portfolio
- Continuous Credit checking new and existing customers
- Chasing overdue debts in the UK and Ireland by phone, email & letter in accordance with company credit policy.
- Managing and releasing Customer Orders from Held status
- Supporting Sales informing them in advance of Accounts & Orders on HOLD.
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to non-payment of invoices
- Liaising with the Sales and Customer Service teams on credit control issues
- Sending statements pdf & Excel, reminder letters & copy documents to customers.
- Negotiating Payment Plans, coding Customer Card and informing Credit Manager
- Escalate all accounts deemed a Risk to Credit Manager
Skills and experience:
- Credit Control experience required, wine industry experience beneficial but not essential
- Strong IT skills including Excel & Microsoft NAV an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail & methodical approach.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a large range of people
- Team player
This is a great business with an exciting vision and an excellent support network for an experienced credit controller to continue their career growth as well as earning target based bonus on top of their basic salary.
If this role seems like it could be a good fit for you, please apply via this advert or to be fast tracked, please send your CV directly to me at email@example.com with a brief covering note on the reasons you think you'd be good for this job.