Responsibilities of the role will include:
1. Investigating the company’s exposure to different kinds of credit risk, and its resilience in times of market stress, and propose frameworks and/or activities to manage these.
2. Helping develop analytical ways to identify, understand, and manage credit risk on the portfolio
3. Formulating policy and strategy for the portfolio – both in setting and reviewing risk “guardrails” and “decision frameworks” and directly proposing changes to strategy where supported by analysis.
4. Driving major improvements in the business through careful analysis and strategy optimisation. You’ll keep business leaders in the know as you monitor and react to new information, and present your strategies simply and effectively to senior stakeholders
Ideal candidates will have:
1. Experience working with databases (eg. via SQL or SAS) and using SAS for data analysis and mining tools on large datasets.
2. Experience of large-scale analytics (eg. understanding behaviours that manifest in large numbers of people or large experiments – you will not be underwriting customers one-by-one!)
3. Effective at using Excel to quickly and accurately analyse results (eg. familiar with most of the following: pivot tables, conditional formatting, inbuilt function, array formulae
4. Ability to identify key numerical concepts relating to consumer lending, and formulate them into simultaneous equations and then solve them.
If you’re interested in this role click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email your CV to Hadjra.Sohawon@goodmanmasson.com to ensure that you do not miss out on this excellent opportunity!
Our vision at Goodman Masson is to be admired internally and externally for our commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion. Some of our clients, lawfully aim to alleviate disadvantage or under-representation experienced by those with a protected characteristic. We proudly support them and have used the UK Government Equality Act 2010: Quick Start Guide to Using Positive Action in Recruitment and Promotion to inform our advertising and sourcing methods
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.