Cyber Security Analyst
About the role:
An opportunity at a leading public service provider for a Cyber Security Analyst to work within an in-house 24x7 GSOC environment, based in the Midlands. You will be required to monitor the various security monitoring toolsets, as well as engage in the more investigative incident response processes.
- You will be acting as first line of contact, for detected security incidents.
- You will be identifying attacks from both internal and external sources on a global scale.
- You will be tasked with supporting enhancement, development and distribution of monitoring and responding methods and processes to reduce all risks.
- You will be identifying malware and attacks and analysing event data that are generated from endpoints, IDS, MPS, proxies and network devices.
- Establishing and delivering methods/tools which will provide real value for the organisation by reducing risks.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- You must have experience operating and administrating different types of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms.
- Understand different security processes and technologies including Malware Analysis and Security Monitoring.
- Good knowledge in Network Intrusion Detection systems and knowledge of log analysis techniques and tools.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Eligibility for Security Clearance is essential.