Cyber Security Engineer
About the role:
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Cyber Security Engineer, to work within an advanced SOC function, for an innovative Cyber Security firm based in Reading.
Working with the latest cutting-edge technology, the successful individual will be maintaining and developing the attack detection infrastructure, ensuring that the Security Operations Centre (SOC) Analysts, are performing at their best whilst uncovering new and emerging defensive techniques.
- Maintaining and developing the infrastructure of the SOC, allowing the specialists to operate at their maximum potential.
- Improving and tuning SIEM systems within the SOC.
- Designing and supporting implementation of specific security solutions.
- Constantly maintaining the attack detection application stacks, ensuring that they are fully functional and operating to the latest version efficiently.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Previous experience working within or along side a SOC is essential.
- Extensive experience working with IP/TCP, Firewalls and a variety of Network Technologies.
- Experience with Linux.
- Previous experience working within a cyber security function; maintaining and develop different attack detection infrastructure or platforms.
- Able to design and implement enterprise security controls.