Cyber Security Specialist
About the role:
An exciting opportunity at a leading international technology company has arisen for a Cyber Incident Response Analyst, to work within a dedicated SOC environment, delivering consolidated event monitoring, analysis, detection, defence tool engineering and escalation in a 24x7 environment. Working with the latest technology and experienced cyber team, you will be tasked with supporting and operating in global estate intrusion detection, security event management and malware protection.
- You will be acting as first line of contact, for detected security incidents.
- You will be identifying attacks from both internal and external sources on a global scale.
- You will be tasked with supporting enhancement, development and distribution of monitoring and responding methods and processes to reduce all risks.
- You will be identifying malware and attacks and analysing evet data that are generated from endpoints, IDS, MPS, proxies and network devices.
- Establishing and delivering methods/tools which will provide real value for the organisation by reducing risks.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- You must have experience operating and administrating different types of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms.
- Have an extensive understanding of different security processes and technologies including Threat Intelligence, Malware Analysis, Security monitoring and Vulnerability assessment.
- Good knowledge in Network Intrusion Detection systems and knowledge of log analysis techniques and tools.
- Must have experience in using Linux and data manipulation via scripts.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.