One of the top publishing companies is looking to hire a Data Engineer to help their data engineering team build the next generation of data products and tools. The company is in one of the most crucial times of their history and is relying more than ever on data driven insights.You have the unique opportunity to build the data infrastructure from the ground up for one of the most important companies to ever exist.
You will work with teams who are:
- Establishing systems of record for print and digital subscribers and creating a single view of their customers
- Changing and creating the data infrastructure that provides the company with accurate, consistent, secure, and always available data
- Building a foundation for the incorporation of their data into APIs, machine learning models, and a variety of other data products
- +3 years of software engineering experience preferably in environments thatutilize one or more of the following programming languages:
- Experience building applications at scale on any major cloud provider (AWS, GCP etc)
- Experience building and integrating APIs
- Experience automating application deployments, testing, monitoring, and using data to diagnose problems.
- Experience working with technologies from the following list is a big plus: Google App Engine, BigQuery, SQS, Pub/Sub, DynamoDB, Redis / Memcached and other key-value stores