One of the top publishing companies in the world is seeking a Data Scientist to join the Data Science team in New York City. You will work to apply machine learning methods to meet their many challenges and work in close collaboration with partners across the company. This is your chance to be a part of a growing team of some of the most talented data scientists in the world within one of the most important businesses to ever exist.
- Reframe newsroom and business objectives as machine learning tasks that can deliver actionable insights, accurate predictions, and effective optimization.
- Conduct machine learning research with reliability and reproducibility.
- Communicate results and impact to newsroom and business stakeholders.
- Build out data products with engineering teams, and integrate the products into process throughout the company.
- PhD, MS, or 3+ years experience in computer science, applied mathematics, or other quantitative/computational discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with open source machine learning or statistical analysis tools. Familiarity with experimental design a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years coding experience, Python preferred.
- Experience building and deploying a machine learning system into production.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in data science to relevant stakeholders.
- Data engineering experience, including SQL and manipulating large structured or unstructured datasets for analysis.
- Preferred: experience with building data products, either internal or consumer-facing.
- Preferred: Experience working with unstructured data and Natural Language Processing