A top publishing companies is embarking on a digital transformation to become a technology company that will produce some of the world's most reliable and highest quality journalism. They are seeking the brightest Data Scientists from the country to help scale their data infrastrucure and lead the Data Science and Analytics of the whole organization to be successful. You will be a part of the Data Science Group applying machine learning methods to meet their business challenges and work in close collaboration with working partners across the company.
- Construct newsroom and business objectives as machine learning tasks to deliver actionable insights, accurate predictions, and effective optimization.
- Build and deploy machine learning research with reliability and reproducibility.
- Communicate results and impact to newsroom and business stakeholders.
- Turn models into data products, collaborate with engineering teams, and integrate into process throughout The Times.
- PhD, MS, or 3+ years experience in computer science, applied mathematics, or other quantitative/computational discipline
- 2+ years experience with open source machine learning or statistical analysis tools. Familiarity with experimental design a plus.
- 2+ years coding experience, Python preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in data science to relevant stakeholders.
- Data engineering experience, including SQL and manipulating large structured or unstructured datasets for analysis.
- Preferred: experience with building data products, either internal or consumer-facing.
- Preferred: Experience working with unstructured data and Natural Language Processing:
Benefits and Perks:
- Make an impact by supporting our original, independent and deeply reported journalism.
- The client provides competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families
- The client will support responsible retirement planning with a generous 401(k) company match.
- The client offer a competitive parental leave.
- The client is committed to career development and ongoing learning, and provides employees $8,000 annually for tuition reimbursement.
- The client has frequent panel discussions and talks by a wide variety of newsmakers and industry leaders.