Deskside Support Engineer (9 Months fixed term contract)
Offering between £25k-£28k per annum
Drivers license + Car (Required)
Midlands Region (Solihull, Tamworth & Erdington)
About The Company
This company is a UK technology business working with customers where security and the protection of sensitive data are critical. They use their intelligence, capabilities, and technology to make sustainable change easy for their customers through their expertise in transformation, engineering and consulting services. Their history and strengths mean we can help organisations transform in an agile and dynamic way, no matter how complex the environment. You’ll be based on the customer’s site five days per week, helping to deliver support services as part of the client’s Managed Service agreement. Providing on-site desktop support for end users, assisting with hardware, software and network-related issues while also acting as a point of escalation and contact
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of technical issues and see Incidents through to successful resolution in accordance with defined SLAs.
- Incident and Request management using ITSM tool, ensuring cases contain timely and comprehensive updates.
- Carry out assignments and additional responsibilities, and other duties required from time to time as requested by your line manager or the board.
- Contribute to and maintain managed service documentation
- Develop excellent working relationships within the company, with customers, partners, and suppliers, ensuring that the reputation of Roc is always upheld.
The following requirements must always be complied with:
- Ensure that you show a duty of care and take appropriate action to comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- ISO 27001: Maintain personal responsibility for gathering, recording, storing, accessing, and sharing information in compliance with information security policies, procedures and codes of practice and legislation. This includes keeping a clear desk, and clear screen, protecting data, reporting security incidents etc.
- You will be required to undertake any necessary training to enable you to perform your duties effectively.
- You will be aware of confidentiality and data protection clauses as shown in the contract of employment
- Office 365 Experience
- Microsoft Active Directory Experience
- Laptop/Desktop Hardware Experience
- Print Management Experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly motivated, flexible, and committed attitude toward service delivery
- Ambitious with drive and energy to enhance the team and services delivered
- Professional approach and appearance, engaging and polite
- Experience working in an ITIL® based environment
- Experience working in a customer-facing environment
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.