Detection & Response Analyst
About the role:
Exciting opportunity for a Detection & Response Cyber Security Analyst, to work within a dynamic SOC environment within a team of monitoring and detection specialists, delivering consolidated security monitoring, triaging, analysis and escalation within a 24x7 environment.
- You will be acting as first line of contact, for detected security incidents.
- You will be identifying attacks from both internal and external sources on a global scale.
- You will be tasked with supporting enhancement, development and distribution of monitoring and responding methods and processes to reduce all risks.
- You will be identifying malware and attacks and analysing evet data that are generated from endpoints, IDS/IPS, proxies and network devices.
- Establishing and delivering methods/tools which will provide real value for the organisation by reducing risks.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- You must have experience operating and administrating different types of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms - ideally LogRhythm.
- Understand different security processes and technologies including Security Monitoring and Incident Management.
- Good knowledge in Network Intrusion Detection systems and knowledge of log analysis techniques and tools.
- Good Knowledge with Log Rhythm.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Eligibility for SC Clearance is essential.