Goodman Masson are looking for a qualified accountant to join a leading Investment Manager based in Central London. This is an exciting role within a fast-growing, successful business and has significant potential to grow with the company. The role will cover internal and external reporting, new investment appraisal, acquisition due diligence and structuring, and developing and implementing asset optimisation strategies.
- Active role in developing strategies to optimise portfolio assets;
- Financial due diligence of new target investments;
- Financial appraisal of target investments;
- Tax structuring of investments;
- Active asset management role, holding SPV Company Board Directorships and attending the monthly Asset Management Committee;
- Business partnering to the wider business, providing financial expertise, review and structuring advice to the deal teams, liaising with tax and accounting and financial advisers as necessary;
- Review of fund management information produced by the finance team including reporting on investment performance and monitoring the introduction of new investments to ensure that investment returns are as expected or optimised.
- Review of annual statutory accounts and subsequent audit.
- Review of investor drawdowns, distributions, equalisations and general investor reporting (quarterly) including ad hoc information requests as necessary.
- Review and Interrogation of financial models
- Development and implementation of controls and management systems
Education, qualifications and competencies:
- Qualified Accountant with significant post qualification experience preferably in project or fund accounting;
- University degree educated with a solid academic background;
- Experience of managing a team
- Well versed in Excel and have a working knowledge of financial models (macros and VBA preferable but not essential).