About the role:
Citizens Advice are currently seeking to appoint a Director of Finance to develop and lead their financial strategy and transform the organisation’s financial capability and capacity.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-known national charity that help millions of people each year through providing free and independent advice to give people both the knowledge and confidence to find their way forward!
Along with the rewarding nature of the role, Citizens Advice are offering up a competitive salary + benefits and great flexibility with hybrid working between home and the London Barbican office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategy development and internal reporting – leading the financial strategy, management information, and budgeting and forecasting processes, driving efficiency and value for money through delivering data/information to inform effective decision making
- External and funder reporting – ensuring statements and reports are accurately produced in a timely manner and comply with UK GAAP and SORP through overseeing the audit process
- Controls and risk management – developing business opportunities, ensuring tools and systems are in place to maximise financial performance, policies and procedures are in line with law/regulations, and embedding financial risk management
- Balance sheet, assets & investments, and pension – lead treasury management, build rapport with external stakeholders, and oversee the balance sheet and fixed assets
- Leading national finance function – lead and inspire the finance teams to deliver effectively within an inclusive and equitable culture, monitoring performance, and ensuring objectives are being delivered to
The successful candidate:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Substantial, proven experience in:
- Leading and developing a significant finance function
- Senior leadership in a complex environment
- Setting financial strategy
- Influencing decision making to achieve financial resilience and sustainability
- Working across the business to maximise income, reduce costs and drive efficiency
- Looking after multiple income streams and running different fundraising disciplines
- Presenting and communicating complex information to all levels including Board level
- Advanced Excel skills
- Charity sector experience is desirable
- Passionate about Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in finance
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion is of strategic importance within the organisation and is recognised as integral to all they do as a service.
Central to pursuing their EDI mission is building diverse and inclusive teams in which everyone has a sense of belonging. They believe inclusion is a social justice issue – a principle that underpins all of their EDI work.
To that end, they particularly welcome applications from people they would like to see better represented in our organisation and sector – people of colour, LGBTQ+ people and disabled people. If you are disabled and meet their minimum criteria you will be guaranteed an interview for this role and we will provide reasonable adjustments as needed. We follow the social model of disability.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.