Join an incredible, leading UK charity as Director of Finance & IT, and play a pivotal role in helping them on their journey to delivering a new strategic plan. As Director of Finance & IT, you will work with the CEO and other Directors in providing vision, leadership and direction to ensure the charity achieves its strategic priorities.
Main responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development of the organisation's strategy across all business areas, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Take a lead role in the transformation and change agenda to embed a culture of collaboration across department, with continuous, ambitious improvement and focus on supporting the delivery of charitable objectives/service delivery
- Lead the development and delivery of the charity's information strategy as part of the overall corporate strategy, which will include: strategic leadership of the information, communication and assistive technologies; oversight of Cyber and Information Security, IT Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery
- Provide leadership to the Board's Finance and Accounting strategy, optimise the company's financial performance, report to the CEO, SMT and Trustees on performance and to ensure that all the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Lead and develop the finance team (c.12), including: the accounting function, corporate finance, management of the corporate budget process, cash and treasury management, and driving improvement in cost efficiency
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with proven experience working at Director level. You will have had demonstrable oversight of both finance and IT, and excellent experience implementing and executing a strategic plan. My client is looking for a commercially-minded, strategic thinker who will look to continually make improvements to all business areas, whilst still maintaining a hands-on approach to the management and development of the team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a commercial candidate looking to move into the charity sector, or for an experienced not for profit sector candidate looking for an exciting new challenge.