We are looking for a qualified Director of Finance to lead the strategic financial management of a complex international charity
The Director of Finance and Operations will provide strategic and operational leadership of the organisation's finances during a period of transition and renewal within the team. The post holder will manage the Finance team in London and will coordinate the global finance team, consisting of finance staff within regional branches and affiliates.
This position requires strategic financial skills and an ability to provide hands-on and operational support to staff. The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating in a complex international organisation with experience in steering the team during times of change and embedding new practices and ways of working and team building to produce deliverables for the longer term.
- Significant professional experience in finance at a senior management level.
- Full membership of an established accounting body
- Experience with, and sound understanding of, international organisations and challenges linked with managing in national/regional office structure;
- Proven ability to implement, improve and manage systems, in an international organisation during times of transition;
- Demonstrable experience of people management and in particular mid-level managers;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with good attention to planning and achieving strategic objectives;
- Experience of developing and presenting high-level reporting to senior management and/or boards.
- Ability to play a cooperative leadership role within a senior management team in an organisation;
- Ability to self-direct and self-start, to work well under pressure,
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment and commitment to equal opportunities and non-discrimination
- Willingness and availability for regular travel
- Demonstrable leadership responsibilities as part of a crisis management team
- Demonstrable interest in and commitment to human rights;
- Experience of financial reporting to donors such as DfID, FCO, EC, USAID, etc;
- Experience in the charity and/or development sector
- Knowledge of charity regulations
- Knowledge of other languages (including French, Spanish, Portuguese, Bangla, Arabic, Russian, Burmese, Khmer)
- Experience of operations/facilities management
- Knowledge and experience of charity administration and governance