My client is a London listed exploration and production company headquartered in Central London.
As an Economist, you will work as part of a team drives quality business and strategic decision making by gathering, analysing and presenting complex information in a simple and effective manner to support significant strategic and investment decisions.
The economic support will include providing effective and timely challenge to inputs, assumptions and evaluation scenarios, preparing robust financial models and delivering commercial insights that unlock value.
You will need to have the capacity and willingness for detailed analytical work and the ability to translate those details into useful insights and clear recommendations for decision makers.
- Manage existing asset models and prepare new economic models for strategic analysis and business development and M&A opportunities
- Preparation of life of field economics models, including capital allocation and portfolio and project ranking
- Understand fiscal regimes, including tax & royalty and production sharing contracts
- Assist in annual reserves audit and impairment analysis
- Model complex transaction structure and commercial arrangements
- Maintenance and prepare databases
- Reconciliation of different financial models
- Historic trending analysis
- Work closely with different streams, including Subsurface, Drilling, Operations, Finance, Commercial, and M&A
- Demonstrable Oil and Gas industry experience in upstream oil & gas evaluations, with minimum 3 years Economics experience
- Financial modelling skills employing best modelling practices, a solid understanding of key investment metrics
- Working knowledge of UK Continental Shelf taxation regime
- Excel and PowerPoint experience at an intermediate / advanced level