A London based energy company currently requires an Electrical & Instrumentation Maintenance Technician to join them on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join well developed team where progression is encouraged. Training is provided to allow for this.
You will be responsible for…
- Working as part of a team to provide an efficient breakdown repair service to the plant.
- Diagnosing running faults and ensuring effective repairs and improvements are conducted without supervision and within minimum time scale.
- Diagnosing faults and carrying out effective repairs without supervision when on callout duty.
- Completing routine inspection and undertake preventative maintenance work, as part of a preventative maintenance management system.
- To ensure that all statutory obligations are continuously met.
- Carry out Fabric maintenance and installation work, involving replacement/installation of support structures for Electrical equipment and Instrumentation, utilising Unistrut, cable tray and conduit, to the required standards.
- Fabrication and installation of instrument pipework,
- Use of a MEWP (training will be provided)
- Light lifting and rigging etc.
- To undergo relevant training.
You will have the following skills, experience and qualifications…
- Demonstrates a logical and systematic approach to fault-finding with relevant technical experience in repair, installation, and PPM work in heavy process industry, this may constitute working through electrical drawings to rectify problems.
- Strong communication and team-working/ co-operation skills
- Flexible attitude, and positive attitude towards coping with change, and able to accept responsibility.
- The nature of the job is such that many plant failures necessitate immediate action, and this may require working outside of normal working hours on occasions. Such failures require the safest, fastest, and most effective repair possible, hence a commitment to working such hours either on a call out basis or overtime is essential.
- Excellent problem-solving acumen
- Experience working within a Power Station desirable.
- Experience working within an industrial environment as part of the maintenance team.
- Basic fault finding with PLC controllers (preferably Allen Bradley)
- Understanding basic functions and operation of Variable speed drives and be able to identify faults
- instrumentation: Familiarity with all sorts of transmitters such pressure, temperature, level, etc. Basic understanding of process measurement techniques and fault finding such as environmental probes, chlorine, Nox, Sox, HCL, PH measuring instruments and fault-finding techniques
- Experience of working to the highest standards and the ability and self-motivation to develop his/her skills further.
- The job holder must be able to work in confined spaces and carry out work at height due to the configuration of the Plant.
- Three phase and single-phase experience on LV motors and equipment
- Understanding HV systems, protection relays, safety requirement and be able to fix basic faults with HV switchgear and fault finding on the protection system
- NVQ level 3 or Trade certificate.
Please apply now to discuss further.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.