One of the biggest e-commerce platforms in the world is looking to bring on an Engineering Manager to lead their Data Platform team. Our client's users generate petabyes of data that is used for analytics, expirementation, marketing, and to create better user experiences. The Data Platform team owns all the infrastructure and tools that allow other engineers and data scientists to write data pipelines.
Their team is dedicated to building software that reduces toil, increases access to data, and respects privacy. They look to build scalable systems that are flexible but maintainable. Their Big Data stack includes Hadoop, Airflow, Kafka, and Vertica (moving to Snowflake), and we've recently moved our services to Google Cloud Platform.
- You are responsible for attracting, mentoring, supporting and retaining a team of top-notch engineers who design, build and support our client's Big Data infrastructure.
- You drive the technical and strategic vision of the team, and help translate day-to-day issues into coherent and robust systems.
- You collaborate with external (sometimes non-technical) stakeholders and customers throughout the company.
- You plan and prioritize the team's road map, and champion team projects internally.
- You have a passion for data related services, and understand good systems design.
- If you have specific experience building and supporting platforms and pipelines for data processing, that is a plus, as is experience with cloud services You have experience collaborating with teams that use data platforms to build products or internal tools.
- You are comfortable translating sometimes ambiguous business problems into plans that our engineers can act on and feel passionate about.
- You care about facilitating learning and growth on the team - you put the client's engineers first.
- You embody our client's dedication to just culture, and their commitment to equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness.
- You are thoughtful about all the ways an engineering manager can have an impact.