Goodman Masson have exclusively partnered with The Compliance People to recruit for an Environment, Health & Safety Legal Compliance Specialist for The Compliance People.
The Compliance People have been helping organisations manage their environment, health & safety and quality related compliance obligations for over 25 years. All profits generated by the organisation go to ‘Newground Together’, a charity which supports environment, social and community projects.
The Compliance People are looking for new talent to enhance its team of EHS legal compliance specialists. Central to the role is the innovative Legislation Update Service, a purpose-built software solution designed to provide its industry-leading client list with concise, easy-to-understand summaries of legislation. This tool combines technology with the team’s expertise to help clients understand and show compliance with EHS legislation. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of EHS legislation, and be adept at explaining it in simple language. In this position, you’ll play a crucial role in keeping our clients at the leading edge of a constantly changing regulatory landscape.
Outline of Key responsibilities for the Health & Safety Legal Compliance Specialist:
- To ensure The Compliance People’s Legislation Update Service provides accurate and current summaries of EHS legislation for clients; this role involves writing and proofing of legislation summaries.
- Develop and deliver resources such as webinars and articles on EHS legislation topics for our subscribers to add value to our service.
- To support the development of The Compliance People’s Legislation Update Service.
- Build and maintain strong links and working relationships with The Compliance People team and other internal stakeholders.
- To use your knowledge and experience to help develop other members of the team, through training and coaching.
- To actively engage in CPD to further personal and professional development as an EHS legal compliance specialist. Attend training and actively seek to continually enhance understanding of The Compliance People’s products and services.
- To meet individual and collective performance targets and contribute to the collective financial and strategic non-financial objectives and targets of The Compliance People.
- Fulfil personal requirements where appropriate, regarding Company policies and procedures, particularly health and safety, equality and diversity, customer care, emergency evacuation, security, work standards and promotion of the Company’s core values.
We are looking for someone who has experience:
- As an EHS consultant, or that has EHS experience across different industries.
- Knowledge and understanding of EHS legislation and how it applies to different organisations and industries.
- Of working with ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and ISO 9001.
- Researching a given subject and summarising findings in a written format, as well as experience of presenting findings from research in a formal or non-formal verbal presentation.
- Working collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team, and the ability to work to strict deadlines in a target driven environment.
- Delivering consultancy services to a range of sector clients in the field of environment, health and safety.
- Developing and delivering internal and external training using a variety of formats.
- Identifying and reporting on environment, health and safety issues within a broad range of business sectors and making recommendations to address those issues.
In return, we are offering the successful candidate in the Health & Safety Legal Compliance Specialist role:
- Salary: £44,520 per annum
- Hybrid working, 1 day a week in the Blackburn or Halifax Office
- 35 days annual leave ( including bank holidays)
- A flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- You will be working 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Working arrangements are flexible in line with our Smart working culture.
- Wide range of professional, and personal development training opportunities
- Attractive pension scheme
- A range of financial, health and lifestyle benefits including cycle to work, vehicle leasing and financial advice.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.