I'm currently recruiting for a Finance Analyst to join a retail business in London for a 6 month contract.
Working as part of the Finance team assisting in the preparation of all financial assessments in relation to new stores and their subsequent integration into the business.
Key Responsibilities of the Finance Analyst
- Prepare capital appraisal models (Retail, Franchise and Wholesale) for new capital projects within EMEIA, scenario analysis and make recommendations to Senior Management
- Constant liaison and partnering with the real estate, construction and architecture teams to maintain pipeline of store projects and prioritise resources on key projects
- Preparation of documents for formal approval at both a regional and group level investment boards
- Continuous improvement of the EMEIA financial appraisal process (adapting and strengthening methodology)
- Periodic post investment reviews to identify key learnings and areas for improvements in future appraisals
- Review of capital spend/sqm, including analysis of capex components challenging capex to drive cost efficiency
Budget / Forecasts and 3 year Planning activities
- Prepare profit and loss and balance sheet for new stores, refurbishments and expansions
- Plan EMEIA capital expenditure, including regular reforecasting of projected spend and forecast/budgeting for region
- Prepare and manage depreciation expense, including forecast / budgeting for region
- Monitor capex spend of actuals against approved amounts and highlight issues
- Monitor lease costs by store to assist day to day cost control, forecasting and budget
- Key EMEIA business owner for IFRS 16 lease accounting standard
The role would suit a newly qualified ACCA or CIMA candidate who has experience of working in an analytical role within a retail business.
- Support Retail Finance in store loss makers reporting and monitor investment store performance over first year of trade
- Review and challenge space usage to raise productivity of new and existing stores - identifying opportunities to be taken on by the business
- Business partner with the Corporate space productivity and Store Networking teams, ensuring alignment. Communicating space productivity opportunities and analysis of projects
- Working with Merchandisers to identify opportunities to raise productivity through product changes/ fit out, communicating findings to senior leadership team