Job Title: Finance Analyst
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 per annum
Location: London, United Kingdom
Department: Europe Accounting
Reporting to: Financial Controller, Netherlands
Job Type: Full-time
Working type: Hybrid working
About The Company
This company is a global leader in data centre solutions, providing mission-critical enterprise data centre facilities to leading hyperscale and enterprise companies. With a commitment to excellence and innovation, this company is at the forefront of the rapidly evolving data centre industry. With more than 50 high-performance mission-critical facilities worldwide, the company ensures the continued operation of digital infrastructure for nearly 800 customers, including approximately 200 Fortune 1000 companies.
This company is seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Finance Analyst to join our Europe Accounting team. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work closely with the Financial Controller, Netherlands, and gain valuable experience in a dynamic and growing organisation. The successful candidate will be provided with ACCA (or equivalent) exam support and the necessary work experience to progress towards becoming a qualified accountant.
- Support to Financial Controller: Assist the Financial Controller, Netherlands, in day-to-day accounting tasks, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Transaction Processing: Record and reconcile financial transactions, including accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, and general ledger entries.
- Financial Reporting: Contribute to the preparation of annual financial statements in compliance with local and international accounting standards.
- VAT Compliance: Assist our outsourced service provider in the preparation and submission of VAT returns, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Audit Support: Collaborate with internal and external auditors during the audit process, providing necessary documentation and explanations.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement and actively participate in initiatives to enhance efficiency within the finance function.
- Ad-Hoc Tasks: Undertake special projects and ad-hoc assignments as directed by the Financial Controller to support the overall financial goals of the organization, including cash forecasting and variance analysis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educational Background: A degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is preferred. Progress towards ACCA qualification or equivalent is highly desirable but not mandatory.
- Experience: Prior experience in an accounting and finance role is required.
- Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Initiative: Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Technology Proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; experience with accounting software is an advantage.
- Commitment: Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and flexibility to commit to meeting month-end reporting deadlines
- ACCA Exam Support: This company is committed to supporting the professional development of its employees, including providing support for ACCA exams or equivalent.
- Career Progression: Opportunities for career advancement within the finance function as the candidate progresses towards becoming a qualified accountant.
- Competitive Compensation: A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- This company is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.
- Hybrid working
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.