I'm currently recruiting for a Finance Analyst to join a luxury retailer for a maternity leave contract.
the role of the Finance Analyst will primarily be responsible for providing business partnering and analytical support across the Retail channel.
The role will encompass development and production of relevant periodic reporting and tools/templates to drive sales and manage costs. You will have a clear understanding of the retail business and utilise your finance expertise to assist the retail team in maximising business performance.
You'll hold a very active role in supporting a variety of stakeholders across the business to provide a financial lens and robust challenge, this role requires someone who is a self-starter with a naturally inquisitive and challenging mind.
Key responsibilities include:
- Productivity Analysis
- Key lead in developing productivity reporting for Retail business
- Play an active part in helping Retail teams understand and use reporting to drive performance
- Retail Operations
- Provide financial support to central Retail Operations teams to cover analysis of existing operations from both a revenue and cost perspective, with a view to challenging existing ways of working in order to generate efficiencies
- Finance lead in helping teams rationalise projects plans by modelling financial implications of all new initiatives; create reporting to assess success or otherwise of those initiatives taken forward
- Employee Incentivisation
- Ownership of quarterly target setting for Retail commission schemes
- Tracking performance of Retail commission schemes and preparing analysis to support recommendations for future changes
- Modelling financial impact of any proposed changes to existing schemes and evaluation of effectiveness post change
- Business Case / Investment Appraisal
- Developing best practice for assessment of non-front of house investments
- Preparation of financial analysis and business cases to support decision making for both capex and opex spend to ensure that optimal use is made of investment
- Develop reporting to monitor ongoing performance, challenging under performance where appropriate
- Forecasting & Budgeting
- Key lead in developing forecasting process, models and reporting for Retail staffing
- Play an active part in driving forecasting in Retail teams; supporting in understanding process, and providing robust challenge
- Support the Retail Group budgeting processes in respect of Retail where necessary
They are looking for candidates who have strong retail experience, as well as able to produce business cases and investment appraisals.