A global Oil Trader based in London are now seeking the addition of a strong, commercially focused, qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) to join them as a Planning & Performance Management Analyst.
My client have a global portfolio and are growing their presence in London.
The main responsibilities of the role involves conducting complex financial analysis and supports the financial controlling department with economic and financial analysis necessary for the operational and strategic management of the Supply & Trading teams.
You will perform consistent, timely and accurate financial planning, forecasting, performance management and reporting activities in order to support decision making and steering by management.
This is a highly commercial position and it is essential that you have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with both the traders and management.
It is rare that this type of role comes about in such a well known energy business and the role is ideal for a candidate with prior experience in an oil trading business.
Reporting, Forecasting, Budgeting:
- Prepares financial analysis, reports, and budget forecasts for the Italia entity. Delivers and constantly improves efficient, reliable and timely core controlling activities, including financial reporting, budgeting and financial planning.
- Contributes to the design and management of the budget process for all entities.
- Designs, implements and produces effective performance management reports for both entities. For London this includes both regular and ad-hoc performance reporting with in-depth analysis across multiple dimensions (price, freight, demurrage etc). Automation of existing reports.
- Reporting and analysis covering both CCS and Transfer Pricing requirements, including inventory losses, foreign exchange, fees etc.
- Forecasting of cashflows for all entities.
- Prevents inaccuracies in financial statements by setting up internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting for all entities.
- Reviews financial data periodically to ensure fairness and completeness of the data for both entities.