I'm currently recruiting for a Finance Analyst to join a leading retailer to cover supply chain and logistics for 6 months.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the financial processes of the International Logistics P&L including delivery of an accurate month end position, providing support with the planning and forecasting cycle and providing support to the Logistics Finance function.
- Accurate and insightful reporting of the International cost base, ensuring it reflects the operational environment and includes metrics to show performance. Support in the understanding of variances to budget and key cost drivers
- Setting clear monthly reporting deadlines and following up with various contacts to obtain templates and performance commentary
- Provide insightful financial analysis and advice to improve commercial decision making. Working as a business partner to key operational managers to improve understanding of the link between financial and operational performance
- Directly responsible for the management of month end operating costs which includes posting of journals, investigating and reconciling costs.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the intricacies in global accounting of the International Logistics costs (including warehouse services being undertaken on behalf of owned businesses or franchise and how they are treated), and the consolidation of various P&L's including the rationale/logic behind opex / margin costs and the various processes in place to deliver the month end P&L and Balance Sheet position
- Understanding the different business relationships between owned business and franchise partners to ensure that only costs which have been uniquely agreed contractually, are transferred.
- Working as a business partner to key operational managers to drive continuous improvement in the understanding of the link between financial and operational performance through gaining a detailed understanding of the operation.
- Supporting the Finance Manager to prepare, analyse and sign off quarterly forecasts, annual operating plan and three year plan.
They are looking for someone who has experience of working with logistics / supply chain.