Finance Analyst/Business Partner
An opportunity to join a fast growing FinTech business, based in central London. We are seeking an Analyst level role to work in our Finance Business Partnering team, supporting Commercial departments.
The successful candidate MUST have at least one years post graduate experience as in a similar position.
If you have the relevant experience required and wish to fast track your application, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
About the role
The Finance Business Partnering team is responsible for reporting and analytics, business partnering, and driving growth and profitability in the P&L. Our roles as business partners cover a breadth of end to end responsibilities, including decision support, financial planning and analytics, and control design and execution that directly support and influence the business functions. We also work very closely across multiple Finance and Business teams to identify and drive solutions to commercial and operational challenges.
The role will report into a Finance Business Partner Manager and will be responsible in assisting to provide financial support to Commercial and other functions across the business. This is a highly analytical role which will require a solid understanding of the business model and a problem-solving, pragmatic mindset. It is a great opportunity which involves supporting the wider Business Partnering and broader Finance team to drive business performance through accurate, reliable and insightful financial reporting and analysis, to aid business decisions.
This is a very varied and dynamic role, providing the successful candidate with an excellent platform to progress and develop. The individual will have lots of exposure to driving transformation, working across teams, and helping drive decisions.
Tasks will include
- Supporting the Finance Business Partner team in building effective, productive working relationships with Business, Operational and Finance teams
- Working closely with the Commercial team to assist in evaluating new opportunities. This may include:
- New country launches
- Commercial negotiations with new and existing partners
- Working to improve profitability across the business correspondent network
- Identify key trends and prepare monthly business unit reviews for the relevant teams to present to Management
- Profitability analysis of key markets and corridors
- Working across the wider finance department to collect, consolidate and verify information and clearly communicate back to the finance team leaders
- Assist in financial planning including budgeting, forecasting, reporting against actuals, and supporting long term strategic plans
- Help deliver on execution of controls framework across payments to network and other partners
- Delivering excellence across procurement execution, including reviewing and approving POs, aligning to budgets, are being accurately recorded, and, managing risks and opportunities to budget
- Working with the Finance Business Partners and FP&A to prepare and present key business decision-making initiatives through ad-hoc analysis
- At least one year's finance full-time experience
- Part-qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA) or looking to commence qualification
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary for daily interaction with finance and non-finance departments, both in the UK and globally
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively - capacity to provide pragmatic solutions and have the drive to implement ideas through to successful conclusion
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands and appropriately prioritise
- High standards of accuracy, precision and self-review. Must take pride in the work that they are preparing
- Experience working in finance roles that require partnering with non-finance functions is an advantage
- Highly analytical and structured, proven ability to analyse large volumes data at speed with high level of accuracy and provide concise insights of the key messages
- Finance systems and programming (SQL) literate is an advantage
- Solution oriented self-starter with a questioning mindset
- A flexible individual who enjoys working in a changing, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Providing impartial financial expertise and information to senior management to promote the ongoing growth and development of the business
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills