A leading financial services business based in Cardiff, currently requires a Finance Analyst to join their group finance function. This is a great opportunity for those completing their accountancy qualifications who want to develop their skills further within financial services.
You will be responsible for:
- Review and approve journals for posting to the Oracle accounting system as part of statutory financial or regulatory reporting period end close, in accordance with Accounting Operations timetables.
- Responsible for financial or box reconciliations, including the investigation and clearance of outstanding items, as per deadlines mandated in the Accounting Operations timetable, ensuring the reasons for reconciling items are clearly and concisely explained.
- Contribute to the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly financial / management accounts, related revenue, balance sheet, tax or other regulatory returns in accordance with Accounting Operations timetables.
- Assist and deliver analytical support and management information to various business units, as well as ad hoc requests from Accounting Operations management.
- Adhere to robust financial controls in compliance with Group Standards, statutory and regulatory requirements and the risk and control framework. Maintain procedure notes, ensuring they are up to date and fit for purpose. Assist internal or external auditors as and when required.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving issues and errors found in Accounting Operations processes, as well as for identifying opportunities for process improvement, adding and maintaining them on the continuous improvement log and progressing them through to execution.
- Provide cross training within the team.
- Assist with the maintenance, development and integration of relevant systems and support the team with projects, in particular testing, as and when required.
For your application to qualify you will have the following;
- Either, part or newly qualified accountant, or, qualified by at least 3 years relevant experience within a Finance environment.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including excel, word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of working on a core accounting system and performing ledger postings and reconciliations.
- Experience of using, extracting and reporting data from accounting and other office based administration systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the business and prepared to actively participate in meetings. The ability to listen to others and challenge to ensure understanding of their viewpoint.
- Attention to detail and able to work accurately to tight deadlines. Performs inbuilt reconciliations and can identify errors in outputs.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team, while planning and prioritising tasks.
- Proactively seeks solutions to problems and escalates concerns and challenges existing processes and suggest improvements.
- Clarifies objectives, aims and timescales to deliver the required outcome. Can prioritise workloads effectively and obtain relevant information to assist in decision-making.
- Builds and develops strong relationships with peers and within the Accounting Ops leadership team, as well as acting as a valued business partner to other parts of the business.
Please apply now to avoid missing out!!