Central London (Near Holborn)
Offering between £22k-£25k
About The Company
They are a trusted Global Corporate Trade company, pioneering value creation for growth. They have been operating since 1990, innovating the industry, establishing strong relationships with media agencies and media owners, and focusing on helping our clients grow.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and distribute client statements on a monthly basis and/or when requested.
- Allocate all cash/cheques/BACS payments/receipts received into multiple bank accounts and currencies on Peoplesoft AR.
- Process all AR billing, once the AR Executive has completed their review.
- Handle debt collection on customer accounts.
- Send out the daily bank balances internally.
- Update AR Debtors Sheet.
- Monitor and respond to emails received in the AR mailbox in a timely manner.
- Process the monthly bad debt write-offs, once prepared by AR Executive.
- Check and match AP Euro invoices onto IPOWS.
- Reconcile Euro vendor statements and resolve discrepancies.
- Resolve all AR & AP invoice queries between internal departments efficiently.
- Assist with the year-end audit process.
- Provide assistance to the AP & AR Manager and wider finance team on a daily basis, and on ad hoc projects, where required.
- Work closely with AR Executive.
- Seek opportunities to work with other departments to increase knowledge and understanding of both our internal operations, and, the media and barter industries.
- Be the champion of great service internally and externally.
- Own and lead on your Development Plan ensuring goals are fit for purpose, clearly documented and review regularly.
- Liaise with their offices to deal with queries, where necessary.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Work towards attaining accounting qualification (ACCA or CIMA).
- An interest in the Media sector.
- Desire for a career in accounting.
- Finance related degree/AAT or equivalent preferable.
- Able to quickly pick up system knowledge and utilise effectively.
- Numerate and logical mindset.
- Competent with Microsoft Applications (particularly Excel)
- A self-starter with the ambition to understand the company as a whole and not just their own role.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Personal drive & initiative and works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise their own workload and meet deadlines accordingly.
- Excellent attention to detail and an excellent communicator.
- Effective at working alone and in a team.
- Offering between £22k – £25k per annum
- Hybrid working
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.