A leading investment management service are looking for a Finance Assistant to join their corporate team.
You will be supporting the Financial Controller with the financial reporting of the Corporate Group as well as assisting in the development of projects and their transfer into the funds managed by this company.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Timely and accurate processing of transactions across the Corporate Group:
- Processing and posting of purchase invoices, payments and expenses;
- Ensure all filing of Corporate entities are done (Sales Invoices, Expense Invoices, Bank statements, Vat returns)
- Raising and posting deal/project related sales invoices and cash receipts;
- Monitoring receivables and highlighting recoverability issues;
- Assisting with the collection of outstanding receivables;
- Resolving ad-hoc project queries;
- Management of Corporate Cash Balances to include:
- Daily cash review to ensure sufficient cash for various payment commitments;
- Performing regular bank reconciliations ;
- Timely filing of documents;
- Updating corporate payments and receipts in the relevant control spreadsheets.
- Timely and accurate preparation and submission of VAT returns to include:
- Running of VAT reports on a monthly basis;
- Review of all VAT allocation of all invoices;
- Reconciliation of VAT control accounts on Sun;
- Monitor and posting VAT recoverable;
- Timely payment and posting of VAT payable;
- Dealing with ad-hoc HMRC enquiries.
- Timely and accurate processing of transactions across designated Group entities to include:
- Processing and posting of Corporate related purchase invoices and payments;
- Recharged expenses are monitored, cash flowed and reconciled;
- Annual Fees invoices are raised, posted and cash flowed;
You will need to have strong academics and be studying towards a professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA, CIMA). You will be a quick learner, and have the confidence to work independently. You will have an excellent work ethic, and the ability to prioritise your workload (including the processing of large volumes of transactions). You will have strong Microsoft Excel skills, and a good attention to detail. You will be a team player and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
If this sounds like it could be your next role then apply today!