I am currently working with a hugely exciting fast growth professional services business based in the City of London who are looking to on board a Finance Assistant to sit within the Accounts Receivable team on permanent basis. With the core purpose of the role being to carry out the monthly invoicing and collections processes for selected business units, this role will work with both the corporate team and the business to ensure the accuracy of the invoicing and timely collection of outstanding debts.
- Ensure the monthly timesheet submissions are completed accurately and on time
- Complete various administrative tasks to ensure consulting time is entered appropriately
- Reconcile internal timesheets to client systems
- Prepare invoices and send to project managers for approval on a timely basis
- Ensure credit notes/write offs are properly authorised
- Maintain accurate and up to date record of invoicing status
- Daily chasing of invoice approvals from project managers
- Daily posting of invoices to our system and sending to clients via appropriate methods
- Escalate issues in a timely manner
- Ensure invoicing processes documentation is maintained and up to date
- Follow processes and procedures to ensure prompt payment of client invoices in line with terms
- Maintain regular contact with client AP teams to monitor status of outstanding invoices
- Work with the business to resolve issues
- Provide updates for the weekly debtors report
- Prepare weekly debt reporting for distribution around the business
To be a great fit for this position, you will have 2-3 years experience within a professional services or consultancy business and have a solid understanding of how to bill clients based on time and services. Your ability to work well within a fast paced environment that involves managing complex processes on a daily basis will be very important, and furthermore to succeed with this business you will need to be passionate about your work, and have a keenness to grow in your role.
In return, you will be working with a well renowned international business who offer a fantastic rewards package and great working environment. Also being centrally located, they are easy to get to from most areas of London.
If this role looks like it could be a good match for you, please apply via this advert or send your CV directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief covering note.