Finance Business Partner
A leading Global Asset Manager are looking for a Finance Business Partner to work within their Global Technology (GT) team. The ideal profile for this position is somebody with previous Business Partnering experience and a strong academic background.
This is a varied role at a company that has a great reputation for progressing people within finance and allowing people to move around the department to gain exposure to different areas.
Outline of the position
This is a pure finance business partnering role within the Global Technology (GT) Finance team.
This role has the following Financial Management objectives:
- Ensure the cost effective delivery of GT services
- Ensure cost effective behaviour amongst GT consumers
- Improve the alignment between the demands of Business Sponsors and IT spend priorities
Main duties will include:
- Working in partnership with GT Business Management to enable the Group CTO to achieve financial objectives.
- Developing Finance business partner role across the GT Management team
- GT Product and Service consumption reporting & analysis
- GT Internal Management Information reporting.
- Business Partner support during annual budget process for GT.
- Activity Based Cost Management and recharging
Skills and Qualities required
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and qualities:
* A graduate with strong academic record
* Post qualified accountant
* Experience in consolidated global reporting (HFM, TM1 etc.) ideally having had responsibility for activity based costing
* Understanding and experience of Technology (or other business unit) budgeting
* Previous experience of business partnering i.e. presenting and explaining financials to senior (Non-finance) management
* Confidently working with large data sets to create accurate summarised management information that add value and impact decision making
* Presenting and explaining key financial metrics to various non-finance stakeholders, including GT Managers, Business Managers and Project Managers
* Analysis of Billing statements and Cost of Ownership analysis using Tableau Dashboards to drive business behaviour.
* Delivery of Financial reports for GT Management team using HFM including variance analysis and commentary.
* Provide Financial support and liaison for all overseas offices, ensuring effective working practices between matrix of local/global and Finance/Technology management.
* Business Partner support through annual budget and forecasting for GT activities globally.
* Ensure that architecture and ownership of activity based recharges are maintained and/or enhanced to protect relevancy and value of recharge analysis.