Thrive Homes is an award-winning housing association with a strong track record and ambitious plans for the future. We have been applauded for our innovative approach to today's tough challenges, pioneering initiatives which have blazed a trail for the housing sector nationally. Thrive exists to provide good quality affordable homes and services enabling the development of communities where people enjoy living. We own and manage more than 5,000 rented and leasehold properties across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire; our strategic plan following four themes - to be resilient with a strong financial base, responsive to customer needs, a provider of good quality homes, and a great place to work.
We're proud to have won a myriad of national awards within the industry and we support agile working across our business. We are based in brand new offices with modern features and agile working practices (all employees have surface pros) and other benefits spanning health & fitness, food & dining, family life, fun activities, smart casual dress from Monday to Thursday, dress-down Fridays, a tech scheme, massage days, volunteering days, and more.
We are looking to hire a Finance Business Partner for a customer focused and frontline role within the business, sitting within our Development team who are responsible for acquiring, managing and building new homes. You would be reporting into the Senior Finance Business Partner and working with two other Finance BP's, and primarily be responsible for providing an effective and commercially focused Finance Business Partnering service which supports our business to deliver on our strategic objectives and financial plan.
This role would suit a highly enthusiastic and outgoing individual who is already a Finance BP or Senior Management Accountant, with significant experience working in a management accounts role, and with easily able to engage with a variety of people, confident in communicating and providing complex information to at times non-technical experts and senior managers. Qualified would be ideal but we are happy to look at part-qualified individuals looking to develop further
- Working with the other Finance Business Partners, produce accurate and complete management accounts and forecasts with supporting schedules within deadline.
Production of detailed activity reporting of Development both in total and by individual development schemes. Working in partnership with Budget Holders providing advice on financial implications and risks of proposed business initiatives / activities
Monitoring actual and forecast scheme costs to approved costs
Guide and enable managers in the preparation of budgets & forecasts ensuring these are completed on a timely basis and provide incisive commentary on the assumptions and implications of the figures presented.
Monthly capitalisation of completed schemes, WIP (major works) and related accounting entries.
Provide cover and support to the Finance team for absence and workload peaks
Completion of monthly allocated reconciliations
You will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties/projects as required by your line manager/senior manager.
Adding proposed schemes to the 30-year business plan.
What you need to know
- Significant experience of working in a management accounts role
- Experience of reporting to senior managers and presenting complex information in an accessible manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrable ability to influence non finance managers
- Good analytical skills, able to identify trends and use information to affect future decision making
- Able to demonstrate ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and manage a complex workload
Thrive Values - What Drives You?
Our values drive the way we behave with each other, our customers and stakeholders.
All staff demonstrate the following values:
In addition we aspire to be Positive Resilient People and adopt key behaviours in order to deliver this.
Thrive Behaviours - What you need to be like
- Ownership and Accountability - we encourage others to think individually- giving them the tools to take ownership and accountability.
- Curiosity and questioning - we are curious and questioning in approach - with a keen interest in learning, and developing ourselves and others.
- Creative thinking - we encourage our staff to be open minded and do things differently.
- Positive, can-do approach - we stretch ourselves and our teams to deliver, and don't simply accept the status quo.
- Challenge and hold to account - we have the confidence to challenge ourselves and others, and hold each other to account.
- Empower and enable - we involve others in decision making and taking outcomes forward.
- Results and success focussed - we focus on results and outcomes, and not inputs. We are ambitious for the organisation and our customers.