An opportunity has become available in one of the most recognisable brand-names in the not-for-profit sector for a qualified Finance Business Partner.
We are looking for qualified accountants who are looking for a commercially-focused business partnering role which involves supporting decision-making at senior level. In this role you will deliver an expert, professional and quality finance business partnering service on finance, planning, funder reporting and budgetary matters and will support and challenge budget holders and management teams by providing a responsive and flexible service that is business focused and supports the delivery of organisational and service priorities.
- Provide the budget holder with information, including insights into performance metrics, on opportunities for improving value for money and on the implications of their finance decisions.
- Provide strategic input to required financial business analysis activities including on costings for new projects and funding initiatives to support the decision making processes
- Provide training and guidance to budget holders on business management responsibilities to help improve their skills.
- Deliver reporting to funders related to the teams/projects supported and manage the financial aspects of any funder audits
- Support project managers and budget holders across the organisation on new initiatives and advise stakeholders of their financial and business implications
- Support budget holders in setting their annual budget within the agreed timescales through challenge, advice and analysis, where necessary
- Support budget holders with preparing their annual business plans, within agreed deadlines, ensuring alignment between budgets and plans
- Advise budget holders in appropriate activity analysis of final budgets, ensuring all relevant activities are included and budgets are set against them as part of the budget-setting process and timescales
- Review actual and forecast results against budget, obtaining and recording variance explanations from budget holders, identifying material financial issues and mitigating actions and communicating them to relevant stakeholders, where appropriate
- Produce management accounts for consolidation within the agreed timescales, ensuring the highest levels of accuracy are achieved
- To work on change projects within the team (and sometimes outside the team) to make the organisation more effective and ready for the future
Who we are looking for:
- A qualified accountant
- Ideally previous experience in a business partnering role with an understanding of budgets, forecasts, plans and analysis
- Ideally experience of dealing with donor funding audits or statutory audits
- Understanding of project costing principles, such as activity based costing, and value for money, and an ability to communicate these to internal stakeholders
- Confident and well-developed verbal, written and presentation skills, including excellent influencing skills, and ability to communicate complicated issues effectively
- Ideally experience of reporting to the UK government on grant or contract funding
Please apply asap if you are interested in hearing more!