Our client are a large retail energy business in Central London and a new vacancy has arisen for a recently qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or CIMA) to join them as a Finance Business Partner.
The role works in partnership with the Business Units or Senior Leadership of the Corporate Functions. It identifies what creates financial and commercial value and supports the organisations performance to achieve its strategic and financial objectives.
You will be responsible for supporting the Executive's Company Performance Reviews by adapting the Company's main financial dashboards, templates and performance reports to provide financial insight, track the progress and reporting of the Company's financial performance and developing action plans to ensure delivery against targets
The role will get involved with new initiatives, investment appraisals, investigate the feasibility of new revenue streams and generally offer financial support to commercial decision makers and finance colleagues within the business units.
- Provide strong stewardship and governance of the Corporate Functions or Business Units
- Strategic partner to the business supporting with relevant analyses and integration into the business plan, which vary by stakeholder, market and product.
- Work with the relevant area of the business to provide financial decision support and take a proactive approach to cost control.
- Manage the financial planning process for the relevant area including production of Medium Term Plan, Budgets and Re-forecasts. Primarily forward looking, they will review planning, budgeting and forecasting information focusing on challenging assumptions and decisions, ensuring quality and consistency. This includes advising the business unit on shaping the strategic direction towards the achievement of long term financial objectives, developing key assumptions, review of the capital plan and optimising asset replacement cycles.
- Define and monitor financial KPIs, CIP scorecard and set performance target in alignment to business strategy and planning. Intervene when exceptions occur.
- Support Financial and relevant Performance Review meetings with the Business
- Support change initiatives across the Finance organisation, encouraging exemplary ways of working when partnering, supporting and challenging. Seeking process improvements and promoting best practice.
- Builds in easy-to-consume narratives and graphics around financials to aid understanding of complex concepts
- Promotes a self-service attitude to the business by advocating the use of technology and tools as appropriate
- Supports negotiations with external bodies
Qualifications & Experience
- Desirable commercial and / or business experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), or equivalent with post qualification experience