I am currently working with an exciting new insurance business based in the City of London who are looking for a dynamic and experienced Finance Lead to join beneath the Finance Director to run the day to day accounting function. With this being just the second role within the team, this will be a fantastic position for someone with a corporate insurance or reinsurance background to broaden their exposure and in time build a team beneath them.
- Effectively and efficiently handle technical insurance accounting;
- Analyse and reconcile insurance accounts and cash matching;
- Perform credit control activities and follow-ups on partners;
- Interact with internal and external partners to resolve any queries and issues;
- Point of contact for external partners (insurers, reinsurance brokers, auditors, etc.);
- Monitor the relevant key performance indicators within your area of responsibility;
- Maintain adequate documentation of internal processes and ensure compliance with internal guidelines;
- Support in the quarterly close-off checks (ageing, outstanding statement of accounts, etc.);
- Managing new business processes;
- Defining and implementing financial reporting;
- Set up reporting formats with our partners;
- Liaise with other Departments and provide information to comply with External Reporting;
- General administration including ad hoc projects.
Essential skills & experience
- At least 2-3 years' experience within the insurance or reinsurance sector;
- Good knowledge of insurance accounting;
- Good knowledge of FSRI/FSCD (SAP) and Business Objects - particularly important
- Comfortable in MS Excel and good in IT skills;
- Driven and strong willingness to learn, able to work independently in an efficient manner and keen to take on new responsibilities;
- Meticulous and self-disciplined, openness and innovative thinking;
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally a studier of ACCA or CIMA
If this role looks like it could be a good fit for you, please apply via this advert or to be fast tracked, please send your CV directly to me at email@example.com with a covering note.