A leading insurance firm currently require a qualified Finance Manager to join them on a permanent basis in their Bath office. You will be responsible for the management of the production and output of the External Reporting team.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring all statutory and FCA reporting and returns are completed in accordance with the appropriate legislation and timescales;
- Managing the end-to-end creation and reporting of results.
- Day to day management of internal and external audits
- Preparation and completion of the statutory accounts and half year reporting;
- Preparation and completion of ICAAP and FCA returns.
- Interpretation of accounting regulations and identifying regulatory and/or statutory changes and including discussions with FC and FD.
- Providing technical support on accounting and regulatory reporting issues.
For your application to qualify, you will have the following;
- Qualified accountant with a recognised professional qualification and extensive insurance experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, systems and procedures.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of external reporting
- Technically strong and able to demonstrate an ability to interpret and apply new accounting standards or regulatory requirements.
- Full understanding of FCA requirements, in so far as they impact external reporting.
- Full knowledge and understanding of statutory reporting, UKGaap etc.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to manage a team.
- Awareness of how external factors may impact a piece of work, project or the interpretation of MI.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships with colleagues across the department and the wider business.
Please apply now to discuss further!