A leading insurance business currently require a Qualified Finance Manager to join their group finance function to be based in Hove.
You will be responsible for...
- Provide assurance of the completion of key deliverables, for the statutory reporting process for specific legal entities, as assigned by the Financial Reporting Manager
- Enable the team, to deliver all required financial reporting, along with supporting analysis, meeting Group Finance and other customer requirements, including the co-ordination of inputs and timescales from all other teams involved, plus result commentary and disclosure preparation
- Reporting entity IFRS results and disclosures for Group, quarterly
- Legal Entity results for entity board
- Manage and monitor issue resolution during reporting production, ensuring communication with key stakeholders and appropriate reconciliation and consolidation of key metrics.
- Work with the Auditors from a financial reporting perspective and ensure all requirements are delivered to agreed quality levels.
- Apply IFRS technical knowledge to all reporting and ensure it is in line with new standards.
- Work with key customers on reporting issues, including agreeing reporting requirements and deadlines, with effective communication and presentation of results.
- Assist with engagements with Group and Prudential Risk to ensure the delivery of financial results continues to meet needs and quality expectations.
- Work with internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure deliverables are understood planned, and delivered by the financial reporting processes. Ensure that the team maintains their own relationships with relevant stakeholders and suppliers.
- Contribute to the ongoing review and challenge of processes to establish efficiencies within the financial reporting team, transferring activity where appropriate and driving efficiencies whilst maintaining control and quality.
- Provide coaching and management to direct reports, ensuring that Group employee policies are applied in a consistent manner.
- Contribute on behalf of the reporting team as directed by the Financial Reporting Manager to group, business and internal projects, ensuring requirements are understood and agreed, planned and implemented appropriately.
For your application to qualify you will have the following...
- Fully qualified accountant CIMA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent.
- 1-4 years PQE in a financial services environment, preferably within insurance
- Detailed knowledge of current IFRS reporting requirements, working knowledge of upcoming standards and proposals, working knowledge of some aspects of US GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good communication skills
Please apply now to avoid missing out!