Have you got experience managing a charity finance team? Are you looking for your next opportunity to make a lasting impact within an internationally known organisation in it’s start-up phase? A rapidly growing refugee charity are looking for a Finance Manager to join their London-based team!
Who would you be working for?
Working as a fundraiser for an international organisation supporting refugees, this charity collects donations from private and public donors. Donations contribute to a variety of projects that provide emergency relief to refugees across the world; such as shelter and medical care. This immediate support is coupled with long-term efforts centred around promoting livelihood opportunities to those displaced long-term. The UK branch still in it’s infancy, an exciting new five-year strategy has just been implemented, seeing the expansion of the Finance team.
What is the role?
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be working a hybrid set-up; splitting your time between their central London office and home.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining general ledger records; managing financial processing functions
- Reconciling balance sheets, complex financial information & VAT returns
- Processing monthly payroll journals
- Overseeing & line managing the Finance Officer
- Supporting the FD with management accounts, quarterly re-forecasting and other ad-hoc tasks
- Providing financial support to non-finance teams
This role is offering a salary of up to £43k.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- CCAB finalist or QBE
- At least two years of Finance experience within a small-medium charity; start-up exposure advantageous
- Knowledge of Charity SORP; experience with Charity VAT & Gift Aid beneficial
- Demonstrable experience carrying out complex reconciliations
- Confidence communicating effectively to a variety of stakeholders
- Shared values: passion for global poverty reduction & drive to develop the business
If this sounds like the perfect role for you or you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me via Beatrice.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly!